QUINCY, Mass, June 8, 2021 – Atlantic Broadband, the nation’s eighth-largest cable operator, will provide consumers in seven Centre County, Pennsylvania communities access to best-in-class internet, TV and phone services starting this month, all delivered over the company’s advanced fiber-optic transport system.
The Atlantic Broadband internet, TV and phone services will be available for the first time to nearly 2,000 homes and businesses in the Millheim, Aaronsburg, Spring Mills, Rebersburg, Madisonburg, Coburn and Woodward communities located in Miles, Haines, Gregg and Penn townships and Millheim Borough in Centre County, PA, in addition to a portion of Potter Township.
“Atlantic Broadband is pleased to serve the communications and entertainment needs of these communities with powerful fiber technology that will provide enhanced reliability and superfast internet speeds up to 1 Gbps for distance learning, work-from-home, telehealth, gaming, video streaming, and other connectivity needs,” said Danny Jobe, Vice President of Operations for Atlantic Broadband.
Fiber, which transports light waves over glass strands, has far greater capacity than other technologies, so more data can flow over greater distances more quickly for the fastest internet speeds possible. Fiber is also less prone to interference and interruption, so it is more reliable. Fiber-to-the-Home technology (FTTH) brings the benefits of fiber directly to each home.
“Only 25 percent of households in the United States have access to Fiber-to-the-Home,” said Robert Zeigler, Millheim Borough Council President. “With this initiative, Atlantic Broadband is connecting rural communities to vital services with leading-edge technology that will future-proof the communications infrastructure in this region.”
The Atlantic Broadband services include:
• Fiber Internet, which delivers reliable, superfast internet speeds. The internet speeds are considered “symmetrical” in that the download and upload speeds for most services are identical.* This will provide customers in these communities with an exceptional online experience.
• WiFi Your WayTM, a managed home WiFi solution powered by Plume HomePass®, which provides expanded WiFi coverage in every area of the home with customization and parental control features through a state-of-the-art app.
• The Ultimate TV Experience powered by TiVo, which seamlessly integrates live TV, On Demand, DVR recordings and streaming services like Netflix into a single on-screen interface. Customers can watch TV on any device anywhere, anytime and control it all with the easy-to-use mobile app or Voice Remote.
• Unlimited Phone, which features unlimited nationwide calling, popular calling features and an online phone manager.
• Business-Class Communications with internet speeds up to 10 Gbps, Hosted Voice, 4G Backup, and advanced fiber services, including dedicated internet access and point-to-point. As construction is completed in each location, Atlantic Broadband will notify the communities of its planned schedule for activation by neighborhood. Atlantic Broadband, a subsidiary of Cogeco Communications Inc., is based in Quincy, Massachusetts and currently operates in eleven east coast states from Maine to Florida.
ABOUT ATLANTIC BROADBAND
Atlantic Broadband, a subsidiary of Cogeco Communications Inc. (TSX: CCA), is the eighth largest cable operator in the United States, based on the number of television service customers served. The company provides its residential and business customers with Internet, TV and Phone services in 11 states: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. WiFi Your Way is a registered trademark of Atlantic Broadband. *Maximum upstream speed is up to 600 Mbps. Media Contact Andrew Walton Atlantic Broadband email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org