Fiber Forward magazine is currently accepting submissions for our 3Q Community Profiles Roundup to be published in September 2022.
We plan to tell the stories of up to ten (10) communities that have been positively impacted because of fiber broadband services enabled by Fiber Broadband Association members. These profiles will detail the communities served, how each started its fiber journey, and where they are today. Preference will be given to communities who have not previously been highlighted in Fiber Forward magazine.
We are especially looking to highlight unique circumstances and mechanisms in funding network builds, public-private partnerships, applications of benefit to the community, and networks that have fiber or are making the transition from legacy copper to fiber, and wireless to fiber. We are also interested in hearing from operators deploying fiber in non-traditional service areas with unique geographic challenges, like communities in Alaska and Hawaii.
Submissions should be made by FBA members that were involved in the network planning, build or operations (vendor, system integrator, operator, etc.) and that have offered commercial residential broadband services over fiber for at least two years since the start of operations.
Submissions should be sent to Fiber Forward Editor-in-Chief Doug Mohney at email@example.com and include the following information—
- Name of service provider
- Primary contact name and email address
- City and state the service provider first started fiber network operations
- Type(s) of service provider as applicable – Cooperative, Utility, Municipality, Private
- Number of homes passed at time of submission
- Number of customers being served at time of submission
- At least two unique features of your network and/or its operations
- Details on your relationship and service to the community as applicable
- Any unique or special challenges in your initial network build
- Any notable or significant applications your fiber network is used for (i.e. public safety, precision agriculture, Smart Home, Smart Grid, Smart City, telemedicine, education, aerospace, space)
- Any unique customers you serve
- Any other details or facts you may feel would be appropriate for to consider
- Any contact information for city/regional/town officials that can be interviewed
Submissions are due no later than July 21, 2022 and will be evaluated by the Fiber Forward staff on a rolling basis as they arrive.
If accepted, the service provider organization should be prepared to participate in a 30-minute interview and provide one or two camera ready (300 DPI) images in electronic form.