CLEVELAND, June 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- PLP announced today that it is further expanding its industry-leading COYOTE® fiber optic product line and its extensive offering of FIBERLIGN® ADSS hardware solutions. The company will display these new fiber network solutions on June 13 and 14 at the 2022 Fiber Connect convention in Nashville, Tennessee.
"While PLP has recently invested in significant manufacturing capacity improvements to meet the growing demand for our current products, we have also been developing new product solutions that target today's fiber network deployments," said John Hofstetter, Executive Vice President, U.S. Operations at PLP. "These new products will further solidify PLP as a leading supplier of fiber connectivity and ADSS hardware solutions to the U.S. market."
PLP's new fiber connectivity and ADSS cable solutions are detailed below:
New Fiber Connectivity Solutions
- COYOTE® PedBox™ is an outdoor-rated distribution splice box specifically designed for pedestal applications. Its hinged splice platform can be removed to allow access to slack storage or to work in a location away from the pedestal.
- COYOTE® Universal Organizers for the COYOTE ONE and 6.5" Dome closures reduce complexity for distributors and end users, offering a more flexible design that accepts a wider variety of cable types and splice trays. This will also allow for greater production throughput.
- COYOTE® MPC3 & MPC6 are extensions of PLP's current COYOTE MPC offering, now accommodating express applications with some identical and near-identical features of the well-known COYOTE Dome closures: identical splice trays and cable restraint hardware and similar silicone grommets.
- COYOTE® DEN is an indoor/outdoor-rated splice box for MDU applications. It is available in three sizes, accommodating up to 144-count splice applications or up to 48 SC / 96 LC splice and patch applications. The COYOTE DEN-144 also incorporates PLP's first design for a fiber cassette.
New ADSS Cable System Hardware Solutions
- FIBERLIGN® Multi-Drop Brackets (Side and Direct Mount) allow for expanded architecture configurations by providing one innovative multi-drop attachment point for connecting multiple drop cables across a variety of turning angles. Each bracket effectively minimizes pole space, reducing attachment costs at the pole.
- FIBERLIGN® Flat Multi-Drop Solutions include both a FIBERLIGN Multi-Drop Downlead Cushion and a FIBERLIGN Lite Support with Multi-Drop Insert, creating a streamlined solution for managing up to six flat drop cables while expanding flat drop deployment capabilities and minimizing hardware at downlead and tangent support locations.
- SLACKLOOP® Compact Vertical Cable Storage is a more cost-effective solution when a large vertical bracket is not required due to smaller counts or fewer overall cables. It maintains a 30" diameter slack loop, and its universal mount accommodates the COYOTE ONE, DTC 6/8, and 6.5" COYOTE Domes.
- FIBERLIGN® Aluminum Support (New Design) now uses color-coded inserts for easier product identification, and the additional mounting hole provides an easy-to-use attachment location for stringing blocks at turning angles that exceed the stringing limit of the support housing.
- SLACKLOOP® 18" Plastic Cable Storage System is a product offering enhancement to PLP's already expansive line of SLACKLOOP cable storage systems. The 18" SLACKLOOP stores cables up to 0.9" in diameter, allowing it to accommodate today's larger dual-jacketed cable sizes and is a more cost-effective solution than aluminum cable storage brackets.
"These new products and product enhancements are innovations that will help advance the industry," said Matt Becker, Market Manager of U.S. Communications at PLP. "The expansion of our COYOTE fiber connectivity portfolio to include new OSP splice boxes and MDU wall boxes, as well as expansions to our industry-leading FIBERLIGN® ADSS Hardware solutions, which include unique multi-drop and flat drop solutions, will help push the boundaries of traditional network designs."
PLP's new connectivity and hardware solutions will be on display at Fiber Connect (Booth 925).
PLP protects the world's most critical connections by creating stronger and more reliable networks. The company's precision-engineered solutions are trusted by energy and communications providers worldwide to perform better and last longer. With locations in over 20 countries, PLP works as a united global corporation, delivering high-quality products and unparalleled service to customers around the world.
To learn more, visit: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/plp-launches-new-products-designed-to-support-the-rapid-growth-of-fiber-networks-301566229.html